As you make your holiday way through the next couple of weeks of 2021, you may find yourself in a bit of a hurried, stressed and/or over indulgent (shopping, spending, wrapping, eating, drinking, etc.) frame of mind…and body too.
While “making your list and checking it twice”, make sure you are taking the time you need to slow down, relax, pause, get still and quiet so that you can avoid burn out (and maybe getting sick) and instead savor and receive the many blessings during this joyous season. The key here is to not just give to others during this season, but to truly feel worthy to receive. Fill your cup, too.
Remember….Regardless of things outside of you that are beyond your control, you are in charge of creating your own joy, peace and love. How you respond and what you choose to do is always up to you. Here are a few things you can indulge in with purpose, mindfulness and serenity.
1. If there is a single piece of advice I can give to you during this Holiday Season, it is this: Keep Moving Your Body! Okay, so this one isn’t exactly slowing down but it is helping to release excess destructive stress hormones. When you are done, the parasympathetic nervous system kicks in and allows you to feel more calm, rested and primed for repair of the body. It’s so easy to just let your exercise lapse until January (or beyond). Don’t skip this. The consistent exercise – even if it’s just 30 minutes – will provide your body with the energy stamina, focus, better mood and weight maintenance that you’ll really appreciate come January 2022.
2. Indulge in Gratitude: Spend some time writing out a Gratitude list of all of the things you are grateful for in your life. Then read them out loud to yourself. Even better – record yourself on your phone and play it back anytime. I did this recently as part of a business coaching recommendation and it was strange at first, but I actually really value this video now for all it provides. Hearing your voice and seeing yourself speak your own words has the emphasis and power to sink further into your mind. Additionally, and as an extra bonus, you can add in these valuable books, resources and research on gratitude. Gratitude Books.
3. Book a well deserved massage and/or a day spa retreat with full head to toe immersion of therapy. Stress hormones are released, metabolized and excreted and the feel good hormones like endorphins, serotonin, oxytocin are all released from within to saturate your cells and organs. The result? An amazing shift in your body and mind, a tranquil and quite potentially a more positive, less reactive approach to life.
4. Read a book or listen to an audiobook without checking your phone or computer for emails, text messages, social media news feed for at least 1hour. What? Who does that? More people should definitely engage in that kind of disengaging, self-honoring practices. Grab your favorite healthy or semi-healthy beverage and tune out the outside world, focus on nourishing your mind and spirit and revel in the magic of words, messages and inspiration.
5. Take a walk in the woods or a stroll on the beach. Clear your head, move your body and soak in the sights, sounds and natural aromas of this beautiful planet. The recharge and renewal that you receive in the form of new ideas, new creations and new possibilities for your life are worth its weight in gold.
6. Begin or deepen your meditation practice and allow your body, mind and spirit to not only receive but to also envision and create a life you appreciate and love. I’ve been meditating several days per week for a while now and it has made a significant impact on my health and life. Try these transformative, guided meditations from Dr. Joe Dispenza – neuroscience, epigenetic, neuroplasticity and mind body medicine researcher, teacher and author. Meditations.
7. Go see a movie, live play, a dance or any kind of performance. Lose yourself in the the mystery, the stories, all of the emotions. And fully accept the gift of receiving – being generously entertained. These traditional, delightful experiences never get old.
8. Venture outside at night to gaze and thank the stars, the universe, God, spirit for all of the many blessings in your life. Absorb the unlimited infiniteness of all that is possible for you and your loved ones. Too cold, too rainy, too snowy, too late? Choose the sunrise if you’re more of an early morning riser and create the day and life you desire. And yes, phone turned off.
Taking a moment to pause – for you – can involve and mean many things. It might be simple and brief. It might be complex with more time required.
Your complete health in all of its many intricate facets and systems, requires your attention, commitment, understanding and patience. Having the right people on your health care team to help lead the way on what to do or consume, what not to engage in or avoid is critical.
Take aligned action *today* to get moving in the right direction for 2022 so you can live a better, healthier and more joyous life. The life that you are so deserving of living.
I am taking just a few more patients for my 6 Month Vital Transformation Program at this amazing special price offer until 12/31/21. This all inclusive and comprehensive transformational program provides you with complete health guidance, 8 detailed functional labs evaluating all body systems, personalized treatment protocols, unlimited email and phone communication, individualized thyroid and bio-identical hormone prescriptions, motivational mindset shifting support, special gift bag filled with really cool items and several other perks and benefits.
This program is designed to be high touch in the sense of making sure you are getting the full support you need to heal. Importantly, it address all physical, emotional, spiritual levels of healing.
Read more details and benefits of the Vital Transformation Program HERE.
***SPECIAL PRICE OFFER until 12/31/21.***
Ready to get started and learn more? Schedule a FREE Discovery Call to share your medical symptoms and why you are seeking a Functional Medicine approach to health care. I’ll review the Vital Transformation Program in more detail and we’ll see if we are a mutually good fit to work together.
Schedule your FREE call HERE. Discovery Calls are offered on Mondays and Fridays.
Enjoy this beautiful Holiday Season!
P.S. The cost of the Vital Transformation program increases in 2022. Secure your spot now to get this spectacular price! Book your Discovery Call HERE.